Lisbon, Portugal is a beautiful city full of culture
. From its stunning architecture to its vibrant nightlife, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an adventure-filled holiday, Lisbon has it all. Here are the top 20 places to see in Lisbon, Portugal.
1. Castelo de São Jorge: This 11th-century castle sits atop one of the seven hills of Lisbon and offers stunning views of the city. Visitors can explore its walls, towers, and ramparts, as well as the archaeological site and the National Archaeology Museum.
2. Belém Tower: This 16th-century fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Lisbon’s most iconic monuments. It was built to defend the city from attacks by sea and is a great place to take photos.
3. Jeronimos Monastery
: This 16th-century monastery is a stunning example of Portuguese Manueline architecture. It was built to commemorate the achievement of Vasco da Gama’s voyage to India and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
4. Santa Justa Lift: This 19th-century elevator is a popular tourist attraction in Lisbon. It was designed by a student of Gustave Eiffel and is a great way to get an aerial view of the city.
5. Rossio Square
: This iconic square is the heart of Lisbon and is home to some of the city’s most iconic monuments, such as the National Theatre and the Estrela Basilica. It’s also a great place to people watch and enjoy a coffee or a beer.
6. Alfama: This is the oldest district in Lisbon and is known for its narrow, winding streets and traditional Portuguese architecture. It’s also home to some of the city’s best restaurants and bars.
7. Belem Palace: This 16th-century palace is the official residence of the President of Portugal and is open to the public for guided tours. It’s a great place to learn about the Portuguese monarchy and its history
8. Parque das Nações: This modern district was built for the 1998 World Exposition and is now a popular destination for tourists. From the Oceanarium to the Lisbon Casino, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant area.
9. Bairro Alto: This is Lisbon’s trendiest district and is known for its vibrant nightlife. It’s home to some of the city’s best bars, restaurants, and clubs, making it the perfect place to spend a night out.
10. LX Factory: This former industrial complex has been transformed into a trendy hub for art, design, and culture
. It’s home to independent shops, cafes, and galleries, making it a great place to explore.
11. Time Out Market: This market is a great place to sample some of Lisbon’s best food and drink. It’s home to some of the city’s top chefs and restaurants, making it the perfect place to grab a bite to eat.
12. Sintra: This small town is located just outside of Lisbon and is home to some of Portugal’s most stunning castles and palaces. It’s a great place to explore and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
13. Parque Eduardo VII: This park is one of Lisbon’s largest and is home to some of the city’s most stunning gardens. It’s a great place to take a stroll or have a picnic.
14. Praça do Comércio: This square is one of Lisbon’s most iconic landmarks and is home to some of the city’s most important monuments, such as the Triumphal Arch and the Commerce Square
15. Tram 28: This iconic tram takes visitors on a tour of Lisbon’s historic districts. It’s a great way to get a taste of the city’s culture
16. Lisbon Oceanarium
: This is one of the largest aquariums in Europe and is home to a variety of marine life. It’s a great place to learn about the ocean and its inhabitants.
17. Calouste Gulbenkian Museum
: This museum is home to one of the world’s largest private art collections and is a great place to explore the history
18. National Tile Museum
: This museum is dedicated to the history
of Portuguese tiles and is a great place to learn about the traditional art form.
19. Lisbon Zoo
: This is one of the oldest zoos in Europe and is home to a variety of animals, from tigers to elephants. It’s a great place to explore and learn about wildlife.
20. Estoril Coast: This stunning coastline is known for its golden beaches and is a great place to relax and soak up the sun. It’s also home to some of Portugal’s best golf courses.
Lisbon has something for everyone and is a great destination for a holiday. From its stunning architecture to its vibrant nightlife, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway or an adventure-filled holiday, Lisbon has it all.