The Taj Mahal is a spectacular white marble mausoleum located in Agra, India. It is one of the most iconic monuments in the world, and is known for its incredible beauty and grandeur. It is also one of the most visited tourist attractions in India, drawing millions of visitors each year. The Taj Mahal is a symbol of love, and it stands as a testament to the power of love and devotion.
The Taj Mahal was commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1632, as a memorial for his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. The construction of the Taj Mahal took 22 years and over 20,000 workers to complete. It is considered to be one of the finest examples of Mughal architecture, and is considered to be a masterpiece of symmetry and balance. The Taj Mahal is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and it is one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The Taj Mahal is a beautiful and impressive structure, and it is filled with many interesting facts and features. Here are some of the most interesting facts about the Taj Mahal:
1. The Taj Mahal is made up of white marble, which was sourced from various parts of India.
2. The four sides of the Taj Mahal are decorated with intricate carvings and inlaid semi-precious stones.
3. The Taj Mahal is surrounded by four minarets, which are made of red sandstone.
4. The Taj Mahal is surrounded by a large garden, which is filled with trees, flowers and fountains.
5. The Taj Mahal is home to several tombs, including that of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan.
6. The Taj Mahal is illuminated by thousands of lamps in the evening, which makes it look even more beautiful.
7. The Taj Mahal is believed to be the most photographed building in the world.
If you are planning a trip to Agra, here are some of the top things to do at the Taj Mahal:
1. Take a guided tour of the Taj Mahal. This is the best way to learn more about the history and architecture of the monument.
2. Visit the Taj Mahal during sunrise or sunset. This is the best time to admire the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
3. Explore the gardens of the Taj Mahal. There are many interesting plants and trees in the gardens, which are worth exploring.
4. Visit the nearby Agra Fort. This is another impressive Mughal-era structure, which is located close to the Taj Mahal.
5. Visit the Taj Museum. This museum is located inside the Taj Mahal complex, and it houses some interesting artifacts related to the history of the monument.
The Taj Mahal is an iconic symbol of India, and it is one of the most impressive monuments in the world. It is a testament to the power of love and devotion, and it is a must-visit for anyone travelling to India. So, if you are planning a trip to India, make sure you include the Taj Mahal in your itinerary.