Seoul, South Korea is a vibrant, bustling city full of culture, history, and beauty. From ancient temples to modern skyscrapers, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this amazing city. Here are the top 20 places to see in Seoul.
1. Gyeongbokgung Palace – Gyeongbokgung Palace is one of the most iconic landmarks in Seoul. Built in 1395, the palace was the main royal palace of the Joseon Dynasty until its destruction by fire in 1592. Today, it has been restored to its former glory and is open to visitors.
2. N Seoul Tower – N Seoul Tower is a popular tourist destination and the highest point in Seoul. At the top of the tower, visitors can get a stunning view of the city. The tower also features an observation deck, a digital observatory, and a revolving restaurant.
3. Bukchon Hanok Village – Bukchon Hanok Village is an area of traditional Korean homes, or hanok. The village is a great place to explore the traditional architecture of Korea and immerse yourself in the culture.
4. Insa-dong – Insa-dong is the cultural center of Seoul and is home to a variety of traditional shops, restaurants, and galleries. It is a great place to explore the traditional culture of Korea and find unique souvenirs.
5. Myeong-dong – Myeong-dong is one of the most popular shopping districts in Seoul. Here you can find a variety of stores, from high-end designer boutiques to street vendors selling cheap souvenirs.
6. Namdaemun Market – Namdaemun Market is the largest traditional market in Seoul and is a great place to find unique souvenirs and traditional Korean food.
7. Dongdaemun Design Plaza – Dongdaemun Design Plaza is a modern cultural complex that features a variety of shops, galleries, and restaurants. It is a great place to explore the latest trends in Korean fashion and design.
8. Changdeokgung Palace – Changdeokgung Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the second royal palace of the Joseon Dynasty. It is known for its beautiful gardens, which feature a variety of traditional Korean plants and trees.
9. War Memorial of Korea – The War Memorial of Korea is a museum dedicated to the history of the Korean War. It features a variety of exhibits, including artifacts, photographs, and interactive displays.
10. Namsan Park – Namsan Park is a popular spot for hiking, biking, and picnicking. It is also home to the N Seoul Tower, which offers a stunning view of the city.
11. The National Museum of Korea – The National Museum of Korea is the largest museum in Korea and features a variety of exhibits and artifacts from all periods of Korean history.
12. Seoul Grand Park – Seoul Grand Park is a large park located in the city center. It is a great place to take a stroll, ride a bike, or just relax.
13. Cheonggyecheon Stream – Cheonggyecheon Stream is an 11-kilometer-long stream that runs through the city center. It is a great place to take a leisurely walk and admire the beauty of the city.
14. Lotte World – Lotte World is a massive indoor amusement park located in the Jamsil district. It is a great place to take the kids for a fun day out.
15. Changgyeonggung Palace – Changgyeonggung Palace is a beautiful palace located near Changdeokgung. It is a great place to explore the architecture of the Joseon Dynasty.
16. Jongmyo Shrine – Jongmyo Shrine is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the oldest Confucian shrine in Seoul. It is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Korea.
17. Gwanghwamun Square – Gwanghwamun Square is a large public plaza located in the heart of Seoul. It is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and admire the beauty of the city.
18. Olympic Park – Olympic Park is a large park located in the Songpa District. It is a great place to take a walk and enjoy the outdoors.
19. Hongdae – Hongdae is a popular area for young people and is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and clubs. It is a great place to explore the latest trends in Korean pop culture.
20. Jogyesa Temple – Jogyesa Temple is the main temple of the Jogye Order of Korean Buddhism. It is a great place to explore the history and culture of Korean Buddhism.
Seoul is an amazing city full of culture, history, and beauty. From ancient temples to modern skyscrapers, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this amazing city. These are the top 20 places to see in Seoul.