Angkor Wat, located in Kandal, Cambodia, is one of the most significant archaeological sites in Southeast Asia. It is home to the largest and most impressive collection of ancient Khmer ruins in the world. The site is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is considered one of the seven wonders of the world. With so much to see and do, it can be difficult to decide what to do in Angkor Wat. Here are 10 things to do in Angkor Wat, Kandal, Cambodia:
1. Explore Angkor Thom: Angkor Thom is the last capital of the Khmer empire. This sprawling complex is home to many of the most impressive monuments, including the Bayon Temple, the Elephant Terrace, and the Terrace of the Leper King.
2. Climb Bakheng Hill: Bakheng Hill is the most popular spot for sunset views over Angkor Wat. The hill is home to the Bakheng Temple, which is the oldest temple in the area.
3. Visit Ta Prohm: Ta Prohm is one of the most popular temples in Angkor Wat. It is famous for its unique combination of nature and architecture, as trees have grown around and through many of the structures.
4. Visit the Angkor National Museum: The Angkor National Museum is home to an impressive collection of artifacts from the Angkor period. It is a great place to learn more about the history and culture of the Khmer Empire.
5. Take a Boat Ride on the Tonle Sap Lake: The Tonle Sap Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. Taking a boat ride on the lake is a great way to see the local wildlife and get a different perspective of the area.
6. Visit the Floating Village of Chong Khneas: The Floating Village of Chong Khneas is one of the most popular attractions in Angkor Wat. It is home to a unique community of people who live on floating houses.
7. Go Shopping in Siem Reap: Siem Reap is the closest city to Angkor Wat and is home to many markets and shops. It is a great place to pick up souvenirs and handmade items.
8. Take a Cooking Class: Taking a cooking class is a great way to learn more about Cambodian cuisine. Many classes are held in Siem Reap and teach students how to make traditional dishes.
9. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Hot air balloon rides are becoming increasingly popular in Angkor Wat. Taking a ride is a great way to get a unique perspective of the area and to see the ruins from above.
10. Visit the Banteay Srei Temple: The Banteay Srei Temple is one of the most beautiful temples in Angkor Wat. It is known for its intricate carvings and is a must-see for any visitor.
Angkor Wat is one of the most impressive archaeological sites in the world. With so much to see and do, it can be difficult to decide what to do. These 10 things to do in Angkor Wat, Kandal, Cambodia are sure to give you a great experience and help you make the most of your visit.